Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Copper

Default Old jeweler new to engraving

Hi everyone. I am Steve and I have been a goldsmith and model maker for the past 23 years. I have always wanted to learn hand engraving for surface decoration on the custom pieces I make. Recently I began roughing in patterns into the wax models and then going over them with push gravers to clean up the cuts. Not exactly crisp like real hand engraving but on the other hand they were happily accepted by the customer.

I have some knowledge of using hand push gravers in my stone setting including bright-cut bead setting and pave'.

I am interested in learning basic decorative cutting patterns that I can easily apply to jazz up otherwise high polished jewelry surfaces. I will take a look around as I have already seen tutorials posted. Any other help in what direction I should be taking to learn this skill would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WB0031.jpg (35.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FyRd0021.jpg (39.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ND0050.jpg (44.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Old jeweler new to engraving

Hi,
Welcome to The Engraving Forum Steve,I see some lovely work already.Your experience is valued and it will be a great source of advise and support,I am sure .
SE