Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > AirGraver Networking - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 12-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Copper

Default !!! Looking for some Help !!!

Hey Guy's and Girls,

I'm getting very interested in the art of engraving.
Is there somebody in belgium (limburge,liége) who can give me some advise about Materials,tools,... I would like to give it a go, but i want to do it right from the first time.
Thanks in advance
Christophe
Old 12-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Platinum

Default Re: !!! Looking for some Help !!!

Hi Christophe, you are welcome to try, artisan, classic and palmcontrol in Modave ;-) near Liege.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Platinum

Hi Christophe,

Welcome to the Engraving Forum.

You are a very lucky person,You got Roland near you,and nobody better to learn from,as Roland also gives classes in engraving.

SE

Old 12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Copper

Hi Roland,
I would like to take your offer with both hands.
I'll use the email at your website to contact you first.
Thanks
Christophe
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Steel

Send a message via Skype™ to akintagleocarving

Hi everyone
I am another newbie here. I live in Zurich, Switzerland. Does anyone know where should I try my luck for basic engraving lessons in Zurich area?
Thanks
AK
Old 12-17-2011, 09:27 AM
Platinum

Quote:
Originally Posted by akintagleocarving View Post
Hi everyone
I am another newbie here. I live in Zurich, Switzerland. Does anyone know where should I try my luck for basic engraving lessons in Zurich area?
Thanks
AK

Hi Akintagleo,

Welcome to the Engraving Forum firstly.
I am unable to advise about lessons in and around Zurich, BUT,I would still recommend
Roland Baptiste Esq. to you also ;
http://rbaptiste.com/Site/R.Baptiste...r-Graveur.html

He is an engraver with an undisputed reputation.And also a great teacher of engraving in my personal opinion.

SE
Old 12-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Copper

Default Re: !!!newbie Looking for some Help !!!

Hi All, i'm subbu 28/male from india, i'm a gold jewellery designer, and i have my own factory,i have manually operated faceting machines and a cnc machines which is used for designing rings and bangles. First of all i'd like to express my feeling to this one of a kind art forum, which has a highly experienced guys from all over the world, and i'm very thankful for being a member. As i saw a couple of videos on 'engraving using palm controlled airgraver' on youtube, i couldn't believe my eyes and i was like OMG! how do these people engrave such a wonderful designs on any metals, and i saw this website and actually got inspired by the greatest craftsman who made me totally speechless, so as i've been using all machine made bands all these years now i'm thinking to do something new and inspirational art, which of course is hand-engraving so as a beginner i need help from you guys on which air-graver, tools etc to begin with, i hope you guys help me..............thank you all...........
Old 12-28-2011, 07:24 AM
Platinum

Default Re: !!!newbie Looking for some Help !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu View Post
Hi All, i'm subbu 28/male from india, i'm a gold jewellery designer, and i have my own factory,i have manually operated faceting machines and a cnc machines which is used for designing rings and bangles. First of all i'd like to express my feeling to this one of a kind art forum, which has a highly experienced guys from all over the world, and i'm very thankful for being a member. As i saw a couple of videos on 'engraving using palm controlled airgraver' on youtube, i couldn't believe my eyes and i was like OMG! how do these people engrave such a wonderful designs on any metals, and i saw this website and actually got inspired by the greatest craftsman who made me totally speechless, so as i've been using all machine made bands all these years now i'm thinking to do something new and inspirational art, which of course is hand-engraving so as a beginner i need help from you guys on which air-graver, tools etc to begin with, i hope you guys help me..............thank you all...........
Hi Subbu,

Welcome to the Engraving Forum.

This is an ideal set to purchase;

http://www.airgraver.com/Hand_Engrav...graving%20Sets

Foot Control Classic or NitroG20™ engraving set w/ sharpener

I would advise the classic airgraver as you do jewellery.You can later if you wish upgrade to a palmcontrol.

I would also read up lots and get some books;
http://www.engravingschool.com/

Books - http://www.airgraver.com/Hand_Engrav...rview.htm#BOOK

Once you have the set you are ready to engrave.

All the best

SE