Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > AirGraver Networking - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Default AirGraver Networking

The purpose this networking section is to help those with an AirGraver that are willing to take time to help those wanting to see or try either a Foot Control AirGraver or PalmControl AirGraver.

If you are interested in seeing what all the fuss concerning the comparison of AirGravers to other engraving tools then post your interest and location in a thread in this networking area. Please don't give your house number or street address on the forum. You can do that in a private message later once someone contacts you.

The same goes for owners of AirGravers. If you're willing to take the time to show your foot control AirGraver or PalmControl to someone, you can post your city and state location.

So perhaps new threads and posts would be titled something like:
For those that have AirGravers:
PalmControl in Las Vegas, Nevada
Or
Classic Foot pedal in Seattle, Washington
Or, For someone that wants to try one:
York, Pennsylvania, I want to see what the fuss is about

EngravingArtist.com
Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Platinum

Send a message via Skype™ to Daniel Houwer
Default Re: AirGraver Networking

Palm Controle and Footcontrole in Haarlem, Holland, Europe.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Gold

I will be happy to show the Palm Control Classic and the Palm Control Chasing,( yes there is a chasing palm control ,sort of a one of a kind ) plus both can be a foot control. Billings,Mt
Old 01-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Great! Thank you guys!

Maybe doen't matter but I was thinking to start a new thread for each one. If you could, repost and make a new thread for each one. You can just make a copy of what you've already typed. This link should take you directly to a new thread post.
http://www.handengravingforum.com/ne...newthread&f=17

Thanks again!
Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 01-03-2009, 05:40 PM
Copper

I am a beginning engraver, and I very much appreciate the opportunity to interact with and learn from those of you who are much further along than I am regarding the art and skill of engraving.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Platinum

This is an open invitation for anyone in my area - or anyone who happens to be passing through - to stop by my training studio to see and use the Lindsay Classic and PalmControl tools. There are some very good reasons for anyone who is just starting out (or those who might be considering engraving equipment upgrades) to see and use these tools.

I'm located in Evansville, Indiana at the Southern end of the State. My Training Studio is fully equipped and I'll be happy to offer anyone a measure of my time and advice before you commit to a purchasing any brand of engraving equipment.

Mike Dubber
11 South Green River Road
Evansville, IN 477115
e-mail mwdub@aol.com
Cell 812-454-0271
Old 01-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadley perdue View Post
I am a beginning engraver, and I very much appreciate the opportunity to interact with and learn from those of you who are much further along than I am regarding the art and skill of engraving.
Welcome Hadley :seeya:

Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 01-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Administrator

For the locations posts be sure to make new threads. Follow this link and you can see them location threads there. http://www.handengravingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17 Look for the "New Thread" button once you are there to make the posts for that.

Thanks again everyone
Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Copper

Loveland, Ohio. I would like to learn. I am completely new to engraving and forums. Anybody near Cincinnati Ohio that has a PC or other tools to show me and get me off on the right foot? I am really starting at point zero, this is my first post to any forum and when I tried to post to networking as a new thread, I kept getting bounced out of the forum. Thanks for your help. Jim
Old 04-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Platinum

Jim, Carl Bleile lives in Ohio he may help you,he is a talented engraver. listed under schools. J.J.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Copper

Thanks JJ. Jim
Old 06-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Copper

i am just getting started and would love to meet and see the work and tools of anyone in my area. i am in nineveh, in, about 40 miles south of indianapolis in brown county.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Gold

I wish I could do that Steve but I haven't had a new thread button for a very long time. Jack
Old 06-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Hi Jack, Here is how to start a new thread:

Go to the main section of the forum. Here is a link to it:
www.engravingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Click on the "new thread button"
It is on the left side of the screen.

Write your post and when you finish click the button that says:
"Submit New Thread"
EngravingArtist.com
Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Copper

I am a stone carver and looking to make the leap to metal and thinking seriously about going straight to the palm control airgraver... I'm in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada... anybody around here or in Alberta using airgravers? Closest I see so far is Montana Thanks!
Old 02-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Steel

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Bill Moody for his great hospitality Sunday in having me over. It was wonderful to meet your wife and her friend and enjoyed a relaxing lunch and fellowship. Then for you to allow me to actually use your Lindsay graver was so cool, I was surprised at how small and comfortable it was and WOW I engraved something..... At least now I know the direction I need to go in from here. Bill I can't thank you enough for all the insight, information and help you provide me as well as a new friendship.
Dean
Old 02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Platinum

You are quite welcome Dean. The pleasure was all mine, and, as I said during our talk, Steve is ever the gentleman and will work with you for whatever you may need, be it guidance, information or instruction. I continually review his videos to catch up on the parts I missed or just to review his techniques. I too am thankful for a new friendship and look forward to more visits together.

As a totally new beginner, I must let everyone know that Dean exhibited great potential as an engraver. He showed me he is very capable of learning quickly and has picked up on what to look for in design and execution already. I look forward to seeing his progress in the craft.

Bill

Last edited by Big-Un; 02-11-2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 04-23-2021, 01:09 PM
Steel

I just unpacked my new classic. It is a piece of art. I hope that it helps me to make pieces of art. I have been an art jeweler for 47 years, but I am new to engraving. I started with one of Steve's manual hand pieces, engravers and sharpening systems. They all have worked well for me and I promised myself that, once I had an idea how engraving worked, I would buy an air graver. Steve convinced me that the Classic would be a good choice since I wasn't sure what direction I would go in. It will be a while until I sell a piece that includes my engraving. I do need some guidance in how to set up my bench. In particular, I would appreciate thoughts on how high my seat and work surface should be. I use a GRS Standard ball, but don't expect to be using a microscope any time soon. Any help is appreciated. You can see my work at www.robmeixner.com. Thanks in advance for any help...Rob
Old 05-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Platinum

Rob, your work is beautiful. Not sure I can help with the set up, mine is probably more rudimentary than most. I set my area up to be comfortable for me. I use a drill press bottom cut off so that I can raise and lower my work any time I want. It just sits under my office table. (got the idea from these find folks) I have an adjustable chair so I can raise and lower it also. When I first started I just adjusted my table, drill press/vice, microscope, and seat to see what would be comfortable for a few hours at a time. Trial and error. I think that would apply to anyone, if you are comfortable you will spend the time to practice. Staying in one position as you know is hard enough. I have a large compressor I use in my garage that I piped into my basement and also a med. size CO2 aluminum tank I get filed once in a great while when my wife doesn't want to hear the compressor going off. . Most of all, how you have been sitting and working for 47 years must work for you, use that and adjust the rest to fit your comfort zone. I am not a professional engraver like most of these artists are. Trying though. So their years of experience would be who you would want to listen to. I know my comfort zone with engraving and airbrushing, it is probably different than others. Good luck and you will absolutely love Steve's equipment.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:55 PM
Copper

Rob, good to see you here. I follow but don't comment on Ganoksin. I started engraving in December. First by push engraving but quickly moved to a Lindsay Classic. Until I got a microscope, my GRS standard engraving vise sat on a GRS large block shelf mounted on a GRS Slide and Lock, all mounted to my bench. I used an Optivisor. Using this setup, I kept the engraving ball about chest height so I could see using a No. 10 Optivisor, but I was so hunched over in order to see that my back, neck, and arms hurt, often for days. To stop hunching over, I bought a microscope, a Leica A60. The microscope also helped to improve my engraving in ways I hadn't anticipated.

I tried to find a used floor drill press to put the vise on, but couldn't so it sits on a grinder stand, shortened quite a bit, with a turntable sitting on top. Not perfect, but functional for now. I engrave jewelry and don't anticipate engraving guns. I use an adjustable stool with a very short back for all my jewelry work. The height of my stand is set so my arms are at a comfortable 90 degree angle to the top of my vise, my back is upright, shoulders are relaxed, and head looking forward instead of down. I can engrave for hours now without pain.