Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > AirGraver Networking - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Copper

Default Any one teaching in southern California

Hi I live in Huntington beach, and really want to get started in engraving,I tattoo full time and it has similar charicteristics .my goal for now is traditional western style for guns.. I'm about ready to buy some stuff just thought it would be great to have at least a starter lesson first.. Any one interested please contact me I'd appreciate it or any suggestions.. Thank you
Old 06-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Gold

Default Re: Any one teaching in southern California

Hi Btatu,

My name is Doug Hall and I live in the northern part of San Diego. I'm not really offering instruction, per se, but a chance to try out the equipment. If you're already successfully tattooing, it's a much flatter learning curve to add engraving to your repertoire. I can give you some basic introductory pointers, and you should be able to take it from there, especially with all of the videos and tips that are available on this site, and a few others. I've got a Palm Control engraver, a number of sharpening templates, a scope, and a whole lot of other metal-working toys. You can contact me and we can set up some time for you to come over and try out the engraver. I usually get home from work around 5pm, and weekends are a mixed bag. I live right by the intersection of I-15 and the 56 (Ted Williams Pkwy) in Rancho Penasquitos.

Hm: (858) 484-9023
Cell: (858) 335-6002

Best regards,
Doug
Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Copper

Thanks doug,for the lesson ,you answered all my questions I wanted to know,just need to narrow down all my choices for tools now..thanks again
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 AM
cientiros

Doug,
I'm new to engraving and have an interest in starting. I currently reside in Oceanside. If you're still open to have someone stop by and look at your setup and pick your brain on tools etc, I'd love to stop by.
Regards,
Marcos
Old 08-31-2013, 01:01 PM
Gold

Hi Marcos,

When you first sent me this message I was out of state for several months. I'm back in town and you're welcome to come by and try out my setup. My phone # is listed in the above reply to Btatu.

Take care,
Doug
Old 02-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall View Post
Hi Btatu,

My name is Doug Hall and I live in the northern part of San Diego. I'm not really offering instruction, per se, but a chance to try out the equipment. If you're already successfully tattooing, it's a much flatter learning curve to add engraving to your repertoire. I can give you some basic introductory pointers, and you should be able to take it from there, especially with all of the videos and tips that are available on this site, and a few others. I've got a Palm Control engraver, a number of sharpening templates, a scope, and a whole lot of other metal-working toys. You can contact me and we can set up some time for you to come over and try out the engraver. I usually get home from work around 5pm, and weekends are a mixed bag. I live right by the intersection of I-15 and the 56 (Ted Williams Pkwy) in Rancho Penasquitos.

Hm: (858) 484-9023
Cell: (858) 335-6002

Best regards,
Doug
Hi Doug, Not sure if you are still checking these threads since your post I am replying about was over 3 years ago but I am interested into diving into the world of gun and metal engraving but am having trouble finding resources here in San Diego. I live in PQ as well right off the 56 and if the offer still stands I would love to be able to come watch an engraver in action and see what tools I should be starting out with and how the process works. I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you.

Cheers
-Sean Wilson
Old 07-26-2014, 01:37 AM
Gold

Hi Sean,

You guessed correctly, I haven't peeked at this for quite a while! Anyway, yes, the offer still stands if you want to check out some gear. Just let me know.

Best regards,
Doug
Old 06-13-2019, 01:45 PM
Copper

Hi Doug,

I'm new here in the forum and looking to start engraving. I live in Escondido and seeing your posts, I was wondering whether you would still be willing to help a new engraver get started.

Best Regards,
Edwin
Old 03-07-2020, 08:09 AM
Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Platypus View Post
Hi Doug,

I'm new here in the forum and looking to start engraving. I live in Escondido and seeing your posts, I was wondering whether you would still be willing to help a new engraver get started.

Best Regards,
Edwin
Todd here I'll be moving to Temecula in a couple weeks, so just quoting Edwin here - wondering if you're still around the forums and might not mind a visit? It would be awesome to see this live & in person. Cheers
Old 12-25-2020, 07:51 PM
Gold

Wow, been a loooong time since I've checked in here.

Yes, I'm still at the same place. Cut the cord, so cell phone only. Text or leave a voice mail message and I'll get back to you.

Been laying low with the Covid pandemic, though.