Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Copper

Default Hi from the Poconos in PA

My name is Steve "pappy" Papincak. I live outside of a little town called Weatherly, at the edge of the Poconos. I was a Master Machinist for Lucent/Agere until 2003 when I had a bad back injury. Now I am disabled. I like guns, which got me interested in engraving, knife making, and sometimes if I feel ok, I do some stained glass. I haven't physically been able to take a formal engraving course yet, but I feel well enough now to travel, and hope to take a class at Ray Cover's this fall. Thus far (about 2 years on and off) I've been learning on my own. I'd like to thank Steve for this forum and all of the people who contribute to it. Hopefully, sometime in the future, I will know enough to contribute too!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Gold

Smile Re: Hi from the Poconos in PA

Welcome Pappy,

Best Wishes for a Fast Recovery, and I look forward to seeing your work soon.
Engraving is a great way to forget the bad days, and a very good medicine to help you heal.

Again Welcome,
JT
Old 03-20-2008, 06:38 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Hi from the Poconos in PA

welcome pappy .. I am from Summerdale Pa. which is just west of Harrisburg off of I-81 exit 65 , if I ever can be of any help feel Free to call on me , you can see me at the Forks of the Delaware Gun show in Allentown Pa ,I set up my engraved Colts there , stop by and chat a while , the next show is May 10& 11 hope to see you there .. Ron p
Old 03-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Gold

Pappy, Good to see hear, I haven't been on this forum long but seem to be a lot of nice people and loads of help. I've been in your predicament in the past, I've had 9 back surgeries but do pretty good most of the time. You'll really enjoy the engraving. Hang in there and I hope your healing goes good. Dwayne

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Copper

Ron, I wanted to see you last time but my back was so bad I would have needed a wheelchair, and when I asked her (the wife) she got on kind of a puss about it so I didn' go, but May is good enough weather that I'll see you then. thanks!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Copper

dwayne, sent back answer to your email but it wouldnt go through, so I sent it through another program and it appears to! Thanks everybody for the best wishes!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Platinum

hi Pappy .. the Allentown gun show is coming up on may 10&11 . I will be there ready to answer any questions that you may have ,I do hope you are feeling up to it this time . my table # is A12 .. RON p