Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Copper

Default New to engraving

How's it going? I'm new to engraving and I'm in the military about to deploy and I know for a fact I want one of your gravers but don't have the money for one at this time I will by time I get home. My question is that while I'm gone is there anything I can do that will help with teaching myself scroll work? And with not being able to draw should I learn to draw scroll first? My dad is a gunsmith and i have always wanted to be able to engrave guns. And I guess a good thing to do would be getting a push graver to start with. I tried to make my own out of an old chisels it didn't work out so well but it did show me that I like engraving its enough to relaxe me. And just over all enjoyment out of it. Any help would be greatly apprecated!