Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Steel

Smile Heyo from MI

Hey everyone,

I probably should have done this post first but I didn’t notice the introductions page. My name is Chris and I just moved to Ann Arbor Michigan a few months ago. I am originally from Newburgh Indiana (next to Evansville) and as backwards as this may sound, I moved to Michigan for a job. I have been interested in wood carving since I was a kid (10 years now) but have fallen in love with the art of engraving firearms over the past month. I am currently saving up to buy a Lindsay classic airgraver and hope to start off on my engraving journey in the next few weeks. I have learned soooo much on here over the past week and am looking forward to having some art to share with all of you. Thanks all and God bless.
Ps. if anyone has an airgraver in northern Indiana, northern Ohio, or in Michigan, I cover all of those areas for work ( company gas at that point ) and would love to see one of these things in action if any of you would have the time to show it off. Thanks again.

~Chris
Old 03-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Heyo from MI

Hi Chris!

If you can get down to Indianapolis you can check out the 'Dazzling Pistols' exhibit at a museum there and see Mike Dubber demoing. Check out the thread in the General Discussion forum.

The ever-indulgent wife and I are planning on making the trip over from KC the weekend of April 10th.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album
Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Steel

Default Re: Heyo from MI

O jeez. I just moved from indianapolis up to here. I had no idea there was anything there. I would have to play it by ear, but i might be able to go down the 10th. I have to pick up some stuff from my old roomat so it would work out. Although i will probably already have my airgraver by then it would be great to see.