Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,739. Welcome to our newest member, KarriG
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 03-17-2008, 04:16 AM
Gold

Default Reflections of a Beginner..

I just had to say how great this forum is for beginners. Two months ago I didn’t have a clue where or how so start getting information on learning how to engrave. Then one evening while surfing the internet I stumbled across Steve’s website. I started to read all the different threads. The information available here is unbelievable, I must have read every post on the whole site, learning something new every day. One thing let to another and I found myself writing Steve about every other day with questions about his equipment. Not only was he happy to answer all my questions, he even called me on the phone to talk to me about them. I was in shock someone actually calling me to answer my questions. I finally after many emails figured out what I would need to start.

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to meet one of the Forum members, Mr. Ron P. Nott at the ffice:smarttags" />lace> gun show. He is probably one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I’m still trying to digest all the information he gave me in the two days I was there. He even let me handle the pair of colts that he posted a picture of the other day, beautiful guns. I was also very happy to see that he had a weekend that most people can only dream about. Well done Ron, you deserve it.

To make a long story short, I would like to personally thank Ron and Steve for all their help, and everyone on this forum for their wonderful informative posts.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Platinum

Wink Re: Reflections of a Beginner..

I can sympathize with you, I have been engraving for three years now, going on four and when I started I didn't even know about this site, I paid good money to learn what I did. I could have saved myself alot of money had I known about this site. I don't even know if it existed then. Consider yourself very lucky.

Neil:yesnod:
Old 06-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Gold

Default Re: Reflections of a Beginner..

Neil, i can't thank everyone enough for helping me get started. I couldn't have done it by myself. Now its up to me to practice every chance i get and take a class or 2 next year. hopefully i'll be able to get enough time off work to do that. I just wish i were a little closer to everyone who teaches.