Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Copper

Default Hi From Canberra AUSTRALIA

I feel quite a fraud joining since I was attracted to this forum by Googling High Speed Handpieces particularly the NSK Presto.
Last month at my A.C.T Woodcraft guild we had a visit from an American Paul Fennell who had come to Australia to demonstrate his art using small 6 to 8 inches high hollowforms in wood that he pierces etc getting thousands for his pieces. He uses and sells the Presto and other units as well as burrs.
Now as for me I have a mate a Dentist who is quite brilliant with his drilling etc so using a big fat Dremel Tool by hand using white Corian carved a Wisdom tooth and inserted it into a finished wood pen I made for him calling it The Beginning Of Wisdom. (He was wrapped in it and framed it) I did this holding the Corian piece in one hand and the Dremel in the other, at 75 years of age there was a bit of wobbling went on I can tell you. Googling Poems on teeth I was able to get copies of two famous peoples poems very familiar to me one by Pam Ayers in the UK and one by the world famous Spike Milligan and presented these with the Tooth Pen to the Dentist.
So my endeavor will be to decorate Wood Pens and create on offs on Brass Cartridge Pens etc.
If I can I will include a pic now of the Tooth Pen getting of Wisdom.
Hello to everyone, are there pen makers in the forum give me a shout.
Kind regards Peter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0015.JPG (89.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Hi From Canberra AUSTRALIA

here, Peter!
Nice story! What did the dentist say ?
Looking forward to see more of your pictures.
Greetings, Hanne