Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 05-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Platinum

Send a message via AIM to Ray Cover Send a message via Skype™ to Ray Cover
Default This is cool

Thanks Steve for setting this up.

One of the things I have always liked about some of the other forums that have this type of section is that it gives participants a chance to get to know one another on a more friendship based relationship rather than just on a professional interest basis. It gives people a chance to share some of their other nonengraving related hobbies, brag on our kids and dogs, share fishing stories etc.

That is one of the things that I so appreciate about the engraving community.
There are a number of us who are competing for business to make a living off our work. But there is a supportive freindly attmosphere toward each other none the less. It is a supportive competition where we would all like to see each other be successful. That is not the case in a lot of fields of business and it has not always been the case with metal engravers.

We are fortunate that we have that type of relationship with one another today. I hope this gives us a chance to know each other better to foster that keep it going into the future.

Ray
Again, Thanks Steve.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Steel

Default Re: This is cool

Howdy Ray & Steve, I second everything that Ray said...very well put. I'm completely amazed by you Steve, you're our, "genie in a bottle", our wish is your command. I guess I've never known nor heard of anyone that is so wide spread/well known and busy that could be so personal in a 1 on 1 situation. My hats off to you and thanks for, "The Water Cooler".
GDee
Old 05-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Gold

Ditto to everything above. Great idea and thanks to Steve for doing it....

Adding to what Ray said... I personally think one of the best things you can do is become friends with people in your own industry, whatever industry that is. The benifits far outweigh any drawbacks by a million miles. The sharing of knowledge at all levels helps improve your own personal way of thinking. Techniques, trends, new technology, business, charge out rates, stress, worries, mundane jobs, bad customers and humour all add to the mix. At the end of the day we are all human beings. No man is an island and those that withdraw into themselves and shy away from their peers are the ones that tend to struggle the most.

Cheers
Andrew Biggs
Old 06-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Platinum

Remember Yesterday, and keep it that way, We need each other to become better...
Old Info is great to review... Did I say That, WOW...

Thanks
Steve, Ray and everyone for all This...
JL Seymour