Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > AirGraver Networking - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Copper

Default New guy interested in this fine art.

Hello all,
Im currently deployed to iraq right now and was thinking about picking up a hobby to do on my off time. Looking around i came across this site. I have always admired quality engraving but never thought about starting until now. With a good couple months left over here i think it would be fun to try it out. Ive read a few threads so far and they were all very informative. I definitly plan on doing more research for what ill need to start out with exactly. I definitly think it would be a thrill to do some work on one of my harleys when if/when I get good enough.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Platinum

Default Re: New guy interested in this fine art.

Thank for your support... Just ask and check out what we like to use...
If you can take a leave do a day class and check out the tools with one of the schools on the forum...
Thanks again for your support...
Jerry Joan
Old 07-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum

Oh by the way Welcome!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Copper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVoperatorFXEF View Post
Hello all,
Im currently deployed to iraq right now and was thinking about picking up a hobby to do on my off time. Looking around i came across this site. I have always admired quality engraving but never thought about starting until now. With a good couple months left over here i think it would be fun to try it out. Ive read a few threads so far and they were all very informative. I definitly plan on doing more research for what ill need to start out with exactly. I definitly think it would be a thrill to do some work on one of my harleys when if/when I get good enough.
I am a hobist Engraver, but only trying to teach my self from book and DVDs. I do not engrave offten because of being handicap along with the strong pain medication i have to take, but i am trying. i can use a chase hammer and chisels also air hand engraver. I have a long ways to go but i am learning. I am not that young in my 60's got injury in the military in the 1980's but it caught up with me year 2000 thing start geting worse lat of the 90's and by 2000 had to stop working. but i have very much engraving equipment and supply. Most likely to much. I learn a lot from you internet site thankls a lot.

Earl Carter
Old 12-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Steel

Question Re: New guy interested in this fine art.

Dear Ed Carter,I am also a disabled ,50-plus year-old that very much wants to get into engraving.My background in leatherwork and drafting leads me to believe that I would not only find it very enjoyable but given a little time and the propper gear,would probably be not too shabby either.As you have no doubt found,the equipment is far from cheap and this is where I find it quite prohibative.In your post you mentioned that you may have more gear than you either need or can use.I'd be most interested in any doubles or excess gear that might be gathering dust.If this is the case and your willing to part with some of it,I'd sure appreciate hearing from you.my name is Pat and you can contact me at........merlin321@hotmail.com Here's hoping I hear from you and I wish you nothing but good tidings on your new endevure.(It is a fascinating hobby with a very long history.Good Luck and thanks for hearing me out.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Copper

Dont know how successful this will be since it seays you posted this thread almost a year ago, but here goes anyway. Where are you at in Iraq? I am actually here in Iraq too.....at Camp Taji. Let me know where you are. I am actually thinking about having my equipment shipped to me out here as we have alot of free time too.