Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Who's Who - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 01-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Steel

Default Iraq

hello everyone

no no this is not another political rant about the state of affairs in iraq that seem to be so numerious now days. instead it is to tell everyone that yes, yet again, i am heading over to iraq come june-ish. this time i will probably be over there for 18 months or so and with the army instead of the marine corps. hopefully i will be able to pack up my engraving stuff and take it with me, but i highly doubt that they will be happy with me taking a damn 40lb gravermiester with me much less a big power hone. so i might have to be taking a break from learning to engrave. besides the fact that i wouldn't exactly be comfortable having a quantity of silver laying around while i work on it, things like that would probably tend to disappear rather quickly. than again if i had a palm control or something like that then i would be able to handle that rather easily, but of course it's the age old problem of no money maybe i will smuggle my collection and push gravers along and find some scrap metal laying around that the machinist guys won't miss too much. or i might be able to knock out a carved coins.... i guess i should figure out how to ask the boss if i can borrow the ball vise for awhile. so y'all have fun and keep cutting away and posting some nice stuff that i can look at while i am stranded in the desert.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Iraq

keep your head down
i wouldnt take much along
the power generators will probably crap out your motors

regardless good luck
keep in touch
stay safe
and come back in on piece intact and alive

Steve
Old 01-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Platinum

Thanks for your service, check six and stay safe Might be a good time to play with hammer and chisel:willy_nilly:
Old 01-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Steel

Thanks... to you and all that keep our liberties.

Power tools... at one time, the military did run their generators at a different Htz and voltage than most.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Steel

You can always talk some tanker into letting you do a little hammer and chisel scrolling on his Ma Deuce. Just use the pintle mount as a vise!

Keep your head down and on a swivel.

Thank you, and be safe

Dave
Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Steel

dave. i highly doubt that the military will want me compromising the integrity of the M-2's barrel. my luck it'll weaken a spot enough in it for it to explode, lowest bidder and all. i think i am going to get some new QC push handles and gravers and see what i am play around with up there. i am a problem with getting both hands working together so i am not sure how good i can get with a hammer and chisel