View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Steel

Default Re: Beginners First Engraved Gun

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement and comments. Actually, if this had not been a class requirement I seriously doubt that I would have undertaken this little project just yet. I have to say that I learned an awful lot during the project and improved my skill set a good bit, though there is still plenty of improvement to be made. I just have to keep telling myself that Rome wasn't built in a day. I can certainly do a lot more now than I could a year ago and probably couldn't and/or wouldn't have begun this project even three months ago.

Jacques: I have been at this for 14 months and, of course, use a Lindsay Air Graver (is there any other brand?).

Andrew: You are right, I can see some of my own mistakes and deficiencies. I am probably my own worst critic. I take an engraving class at Yavapai Community College in Prescott, Arizona (one of only about three public schools that provide instruction in engraving in the US). It is only about 1 1/2 hours drive from my home. It consists of three semester classes and we go at a pretty moderate pace. This is my last semester.