View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Mt01 BEAST Down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lindsay View Post
Oh man Chris! Glad you didn't get hurt! How is the bike?
Bike it totalled on front end.. normally not an issue but mT01 is a collectors bike, only produced between 2005 to 2009, so spares are few and DAMN expensive.. pipes alone are 3.5k... thank goodness for insurance

I am stiff, achy but good.. roadcraft skills help, and this accident could have been avoided but i am only new to this bike and overestimated how fast I could flip 270kgs over to the right after i semi committed to the left

he who hesitates is lost.. i got lucky the decision to lowside and jump/roll worked out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEngraver View Post
Hi CB,

I am glad you are okay,these ignorant drivers,what do you do !!??? Did you get the car plate number ?

What if you had someone with you ?
You got damage on the bike,sorry man.

Keep safe I was glad to see you walking there.And nice folks helping you pick the bike.
SE
Ya thanks man, bike can be fixed.. my boys still have a daddy.. thats more important. the old biddy woulda been 70 plus, probably close to 80, the guy in black shirt was behind her and not 300 meters before this she forced a truck onto the sidewalk and ran over road cones near a road works..

If you watch vid carefully you will see about a second before impact i jump/roll then watch the reflection in tacho.. see me standing there, i made eye contact with her, and she STILL continued to run over my bike.. and headed off down the road.. a pedestrian had to stop her to let her know she had hit me..

I have posted this everywhere i think motorcyclists are, and have asked everyone to spread it to their motor cycling mates/forums/facebook groups etc so that if this video causes only 1 motorcyclist to reconsider his riding methods or ATGATT then at least this misfortune had a silver lining

I always say take the best result from any situation and run with it
Most human beings only think they want freedom. In truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid laws, materialism, the only freedom man really wants, is the freedom to become comfortable. - (Sons of Anarchy)