View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Platinum

Default Re: The Coin Collet! Interested?

I think you machinists have an unfair advantage over us coin carvers
and the rest who struggle to get tooled up just to engrave.

SO, in order to even out the playing feild I think you guys who are machinists should pay the piper and make all the tools we poor teachers need to teach you machinists how to engrave. Sounds fair does it not? We teach you all you ever wanted to know about transfers techniques all the behind the scene stuff that you are chomping at the bit to learn, the things that will save you years of painful learning on your own. All you have to do is make us pretty self centering vises, microscope booms and head rests that dont wobble, pretty collects and gadgets. Free shipping too. in return we tell you all, give you our home phone numbers and hours that you can call and ask as many questions as you want. For complete turn key bench sets made in exotic materials and hydrolically plumbed to do anything we want we allow you access to our web cams and if you are luck we even tell you where the fish are biting.

And - if you pregrind our gravers for us we will show you how to actually make a buck doing this stuff.

Nice collet. If the coin falls out on its own and dosen't require a push from the back and the sections of the collet dont show a pattern on the rim after tightening down or leave the slightest trace on the rim you are on your way.

Looks like the begininng of a new type of competition!! I love it!!
Keep up the great work.

However _ I think you guys are making this way to complicated
got to be a simple/universal way