View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Does this house come with Gators?

Yep, you've been in the Glades, nothing like tromping through knee deep water wondering which is going to bite you first, a Gator or a snake.

Now that's a good way to spend a weekend!!!

When I worked, I designed the pumping system upgrades for the Everglades Parks Assoc., they had me out in the Glades to all their pumping stations by Airboat designing the retrofit of the control systems.

I got them a grant from FEMA for the retrofit because I designed the system to be replaceable in 3 minutes or less. This qualified them for a 406 grant from the government through FEMA.

At that time the Boa scare had just started and they found that snake and gator that you mentioned.

Seems that people in town started to release their pet snakes in the Everglades, since Boa's were very popular they were one released.
They adapted to the Everglades with ease and started to gain in numbers,,,,,and size.

Now I think there is a bounty for any Boa caught or shot in the Glades, it seems I heard $50. But that could be wrong.

Good advice for anyone thinking of going hunting down here, don't do it without someone that knows the Glades.

Besides Gators, there are about 10 different types of poisonous snakes that will do a number on you too.

Tim