View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Steel

Default Gold Monograms. Name plates,bracelets etc.

My name is Sidney Pecora and i am from Baton Rouge la. I have been engraving since 1980 and have just come across Steve and his great ideas,i have come to the conclusion that i am starting over and LOVE it.
I am so excited about engraving on GUNS,Knives and whatever i can put my tool on i could just go back to work and do it now at 11:00pm tonight.The thought of engraving on car blocks,motorcycles forks and the ease with a portable graver makes me freak out..LOL I am purchasing everyhting i can get my hands on asap from steve..I feel that waiting is the only thing that can hold me back with my engraving now..I have been using a 42 flat and a 52 round sharpened as a flat to do most of my work and now with steves gravers Its gonna be fun again.. I have engraved over ten thousand names,bangels,rings,bracelets,earrings,drop letter pendants, and feel that NOW is the most important time of my career to make the most of my trade and i thank it all to steve and this forum..I finally have people that love the trade that i can talk to..If anyone wants any tips for engraving on precious metal let me know..I am not that good of a engraver but i do have the general concept down ,so please let me know if i can help in any way..Milligrain finsihes,what kind os sawblades to use ,drill bits, and aslo soldering..I have over 27 years of OJT for that..Repairs also..I jsut do it..I never turn a job down and most of the time they are all so different that i approach them equally dismayed,but the key is to jsut do it and do not be scared ..SO anyway i am so glad to be here.. SID