View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Gold

Default New contest - borders

I am always on the lookout for different border styles to apply to the inherently narrow shapes of the horseshoes I engrave. So I asked Steve if he would put together a contest to encourage people to invent some new borders. He is apparently covered up so he turned the tables and asked me to get the ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandvik
Hi Steve,

I feel like my vocabulary of borders is pretty limited. I was trying to come up with something different to start using so I did some searching on borders on both forums and quickly realized that there are darned few nice borders which are clean and repeatable.

How about a contest for best original border idea?

I dont have anything to enter but I would enjoy seeing the results of some creative effort directed toward borders.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lindsay
Hi Jim, Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm buried right now keeping up in the shop though. Would you have time to make the contest happen? I will give a 5 pack of M42 gravers for the prize. Please feel free to do the contest. I really would like it if you or other members would want to start and run contests.
Steve
So I guess the moral of the story is to be careful what you wish for...

Steve is offering the M42 graver blanks ($50 worth) and I will sweeten the pot by throwing in an engraved horseshoe for good luck to winner. I will ask Steve do the judging since he has an indisputable eye for design.

As I mentioned in my note to Steve, I think entries should be designs which are nice repeating patterns and are original. So I suggest that these be the two criteria for judging.
  1. Repeatability
  2. Originality
Let's let this contest run from now through the month of February. Please post your entries here on this thread.

Good Luck!