View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Copper

Smile Hello all from Northwest Florida

Let me say first of all that I am in awe of all the talented people here. It's great to be a part of a group that is so open to sharing their skills and techniques with others. I'm completely new to engraving other than using a graver to set some stones on occasion. I'm primarily a Lapidary artist. I facet gemstones both conventional, concave faceting and also learning carving of precious stones. Due to loss of my healthcare job recently I've decided to move up my plans to expand my hobby into a retirement job. Besides the Gemstones I'm starting to make art knives and want to incorporate both Gems and engraving into the knives. I have a very well equipped shop with Lathes, milling machines both manual and a small CNC as well as a surface grinder. I am also very proficient in Lost wax casting and have all that equipment as well. I look forward to learning what I can from this group and helping others with any subjects I feel I can. I'd love to network in person with anyone that may be close to the Pensacola area.