View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Gold

Default A scalers lack of wisdom.

Hello everyone!

I am a 21 year old hobby knifemaker from the northern parts of Sweden.

I've worked with wood quite a bit since I was a little kid, mostly whittling. And I still whittle now and then, mostly I do it with no goals.. It's just therapy and wood is good for making such items of no use, because you can always burn it !

Anyway.. Knives.. I've only finished a couple (going to dye the sheath of the third one later this evening). I only make the handle and sheaths myself, better leave the blacksmithing for the masters.. for now.

Oh right, engraving.. I recently got an offer to try engraving which I ofcourse accepted since I am greedy to learn pretty much everything. Started looking into some patterns a bit more and knives with engravings on. And wow, this is a seriously pretty art with alot of potential.

Unfortunatly I haven't had the time to try it out yet, but hopefully it won't be to long.

Would also be kind if one of you experienced guys could give me some tips or point me to some good thread maybe with tips for beginners?

//Jörmungandr

Last edited by Jörmungandr; 10-15-2010 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Oops, pressed send to quickly.