View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Copper

Default Need engraver for guitars

My name is Gary Penton and I make custom guitars. I would like to find an engraver to engrave the military aviation creed (text below) on the edges of the top of a guitar. I am open to opinions of metal or wood choices.The text would be engraved along approximately 70" total length (neck and body). The height should be no higher than 1/2".

To describe what I'm talking about, I've attached an annotated photo of a common guitar with white plastic binding around the neck and the top of the body (I don't want to engrave the back of the body as shown).

This would be the text that I want spread out evenly around the full perimeter:

"I am a United States military flyer. My countrymen built the best airplane in the world and entrusted it to me. They trained me to fly it. I will use it to the absolute limit of my power. With my fellow pilots, air crews, and deck crews, my plane and I will do anything necessary to carry out our tremendous responsibilities. I will always remember we are part of an unbeatable combat team - the United States Navy. When the going is fast and rough, I will not falter. I will be uncompromising in every blow I strike. I will be humble in victory. I am a United States Navy flyer. I have dedicated myself to my country, with its many millions of all races, colors, and creeds. They and their way of life are worth of my greatest protective effort. I ask the help of God in making that effort great enough."

I want to choose font size to fit the entire 70” without looking to crunched or too spread out. If any of you can do this, I hope you can recommend the type of metal or wood you would prefer to use and provide a cost estimate. If you cannot do this but know of someone who might, please tell me their contact information or tell them my email address gary@garypenton.com Thank you for your time and consideration.
Gary Penton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg engravingexample.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)