View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Gold

Default Re: Interested in learning the art of engraving

Alexander, the last time I engraved or made jewellery was in 96, 18 years ago. Long story, life has it twists, turns, and dead-ends sometimes. While I still have all my tools, materials, and equipment, I haven't used it. They are "sleeping", waiting for me to get back into it. It's a long long story.

I do artwork on envelopes for my friends and family, spend hours making and drawing cards for my wife, and make cool Christmas cards and matching envelopes every Christmas (around 45 cards). It is pretty nice to see my friends frame or save my custom envelopes and cards (birthdays and/or Christmas). Because money never enters into it, I love doing it. I'll probably make jewellery again, but this go around I will give it away to deserving folks or sell it to special people for my cost. I really find it easier when money is not involved. But that's just me.

I wish you all the best Alexander, keep plugging away, and I look forward to hearing from you when you get Steve's templates and sharpening stones. Enjoy !