View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Online ! Bulino or Scrim Tutorial!!!

O.K. Guys, lets do the Rhino to start with.!!
I'm by No Means a Bulino Expert,!! this would be my First try as well,!! I will try and do it the way I see it, :willy_nilly:

First off, lets make the tool, Go to the thread that Barry has, and look at the tool description he has there, I ground my point to a needle point 5deg Yaw.
gave it a small flat on the face,(1.5mm dia) then ground a 60deg face, on the front with the 70deg x 17.5 relieve on the back. I find that with this small point, You can see more of the working area. Need a Sketch? let me Know.

Secondly transfer your picture to the practice plate, I use the Tom White Method. Also Print a Larger one to keep handy for Reference later.

Then I set my Classics Idling to just Idling, Experiment on a small piece of plate, You Really want very Minute!! Dots, and the large port closed about 75% Fast Rapid Movement.
Hold the Graver like You Would A pen, and slowly start putting down dots over all the dark areas, no need at this point to make it Too dark, or color the White areas. it is just to get a outline area, I always start with the Eyes, Mouth, ears Etc First, this is the most prominent areas on any picture, and it must be Right.

Will post the first pictures over the weekend.
ChrisB.