View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:05 AM
Steel

Default Re: Unacceptable failure???

All right, just to finish the story.
I sent my knife in and included a copy of this thread, I know that if someone is upset with me I would just as soon have them come right out and tell me.
After a while I called him up to make sure that the knife actually arrived.
It had and he was not happy with me, not looking for a fight...he was just extremely guarded.
I expained that while I love custom knives I don't have the first clue how they work and wanted to recieve a second opinion from his fellow craftsmen.
He still wasn't happy but he was polite and profesional as he explained that this whole mess was my fault because I didn't clean my tools properly or completely. There was dirt on the round stop bar and in the pocket of the blade where they are suposed to mate and they could not, that kept the lock from engaging.
In addition to dissasembling and cleaning I think he also roughed up the surface of the blade where the lock engages.
So this is my Mea Culpa...
In spite of my publicly kicking him in the teeth and insulting his lifes work he still treated me with a lot more respect then I gave him.
I neglected my tools and injured myself and then blamed him.
He still took every precaution to treat me right and to care for the tool that I did not.
In addition he did work on the mating surface all for FREE.
I am sorry and publicly recant everything I said before.