View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
KurtB's Avatar
KurtB KurtB is offline
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 192
Default Stevens Rifle; Q on this border work

A friend of mine owns a Steven's rifle with some nice engraving. He asked me about the border. The outer portion looks simply like a perimeter line with evenly spaced nicks, but the inner accent line... how is this done? I can't tell if the interrupted cut was made parallel to the outer border, with the graver rolled slightly in the middle of each cut, or if these too are scallops (smaller) "popped" out.

Does this type of border have a semi-official name? And can you guys confirm how that inner accent line was made? Thanks!

Reply With Quote