View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Nickel Engraving

what i was referring to attempting was to die cut the image on the actual coin rather than make a die cut for coin pressing. i have noticed that when cutting a coin, if the lighting is just right - a die cut has the appearance of being a positive image though the scope. Suppose it's king of like carving holographically if there is such a term for this. I have considered taking the impressions with puttty to check the image - this method seems to be popular in crest work. With my style there might be too many undercuts in the coin to get the putty back out in one piece.

i dont know if the complexity of doing it this way would be profitable or not. It certainly would result in an interesting coin. But I can see where I would have to come up with some different types of tools to get in and do the relief.

This company you work for sounds pretty interesting - do they have a web site. Are you set up for the medal process in the larger sizes.

BYW feel free to stop in and get fired up playing with the Classic. I would love to pick your brain.