View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Steel

Default looking for a demo on nitro g20 in chicago area. DYING to try my hand at this tool!!

I've been a sculptor for better than a decade now working in a variety of mediums. I'm a master stone Carver with massive ammounts of experience utilizing airpower hammers for that particular trade. I'm chomping at the bit to start deep engraving aluminum motorcycle parts over here in Chicago's south suburbs. I'm besides myself with curiousity to see the level of complexity of cutting into aluminum and other soft metals. I'm certain I can do it proficiently with some practice but would like to get a quick test drive on one before I drop the big coin on a rig for myself! So if theres anyone in the chicago area with a classic or a nitro who would mind letting me take her for a whirl drop me a post! Thanks a bunch guys, look forward to hearing from ya

I'm also in need of some basic info. Most importantly specifically which equipment will I NEED to purchase to start deep engraving aluminum. ( being as strapped for cash as most I would like to start up with as little money out of pocket as possible so a general idea of price on a barebones rig would be great. Also as I'm a complete novice PLEASE don't leave out anything! Lol ) is in fact the nitro g20 the engraver i would want to use or are there others that do the job better? Can I run on a standard aircompressor? What is the typical life expectancy of a chisel before it becomes dull and unusable? Do engraver on this site occasionally or often sell their units? I have no aversion to purchasing used equipment in good condition for the right price.