Thread: Salutations!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Copper

Default Salutations!

Hello all,

Very new and not really even a lurker since I just found this site about a week ago.

Let's see ... a bit about me, I love to read, mostly fantasy novels with a smattering of sci-fi thrown in for flavor. I write some poetry and fantasy fiction, though nothing substantial as of now. I currently work at my alma mater's IT department but have found myself wanting to get back into crafting like I did when I was younger. Uh, I'll be 27 soon, yay! Which is probably pretty young for a good number of you.

Right now I'm preparing to buy a push graver and some practice plates so I can jump into this really interesting world of hand engraving. I've dabbled in some wood work and even did some stuff with print making back in high school but other than that I'm a rank novice, eager to learn.

Seen some amazing pieces and they have inspired me to one day invest in a PC airgraver, especially since I found out that it is so amazingly portable. But for now I'll stick with the one that's powered by elbow grease since it's way more within my budget, hehe.

Looking forward to chatting with all of you.

~Ink