Thread: Intro please
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Copper

Default Intro please

Hi my name is Peter Loverci. Just wanted to introduce my self and say hi to all. New to this forum but not to engraving. I have a home based engraving business that I started in 1997. Mfg. plaques, awards and recognition items and custom industrial engraving of control panels and other items.
I have been wanting to try hand engraving like forever but, have never had the time between working full time and trying to keep a small side business going. And with a wife, 2 kids, a mother in law and, a dog,... well you get the idea. Recently I was surfing the web for motion control hardware for a cnc engraver I'm rebuilding and came across this forum. I have been reading many of the threads and looking at all the beautiful examples of hand engraving. I just knew I wanted to join this online community. Even though I probably won't contribute as much as I like because I'm a one finger wonder when it comes to typing. My hand shurt already just from typing this thread.
Anyway, I hope you will welcome me and perhaps some of my suggestions
should I have any. I'm am by no means able to answer any hand engraving questions, but I hope I can be of assistance for any machine engraving issues. I have come a long way from engraving naked ladies on zippo lighters for friends onboard USS Orion AS-18. That where I got bit by the engraving bug and haven't looked back since.

Cheers! Peter