View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 04:58 AM
Steel

Default Re: Looking for help from Jewelers. Repair gone bad!!

I was nervous about taking the stone out, in fear of messing up the bezel. I ordered the heat shield and it took a week for it to show up here. It took me three minutes to make a 90degree tool out of my solder pik and I extracted the stone like a pro. Silly I avoided this process. The repair went good, now I am dealing with the stone replacement. I talked to a gentelman lastnight out of florida that can replace the stone. I'm sending the turq on its journey today. There's a quote from a cartoon my son watches that keeps ringing in my ears these past couple o days. "One often meets his destiny on the road he choses to avoid it" In retrospect, I have learned how to extract a stone and not take the easy road out, and I have hooked up with a lapidary artist which will be my first in my book of hook ups. I told my friend what happened and showed him the stone. He said to set it, but I know better. I want my work to be top notch with a reason to come back for more. I will go the extra mile and do it right. Besides, he might not see the problem with the stone, but his wife will. LoL.. Cant hide that grand canyon of a crack. Thank you so much to everyone. I feel less anxity and more of a resolve. I would have been at a loss with out you guys. You guys are the original hook up! Thank you!!!!!!