View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Platinum

Default Re: How much is 1 trillion dollars?

Hey Peter & Bill .... this is gonna BLOW your mind.

I went to a show yesterday. I did find a LOT of primers and there was also a lot of powder too.

I'm not into the modern stuff so all I get is black powder for my clunky old 19th century BPCR stuff. So I picked up 2 pounds of 2fg Goex. The guy sez to fill in my name and SS# on a sales log. I refused to enter my SS# and before I gave him my name, I asked for a detailed explanation as to the purpose of requiring me to cough up personal and private information as I have NEVER had to do this before.

He pointed to the lot# on the bottom of the can and stated that black powder is now being considered a high explosive by the BATFE simply in the way it is tracked. The powder is microtagged so that if it is used for something other than what it is intended for, forensics analysis can read the microtags (which don't burn) and track the lot# from which it came from .... and inevitably trace it to those who purchased it.

When I told the guy that I didn't like giving up my personal info and maybe I'd like my money back, everyone around me turned around to stare at me like I was "guilty" or something. What's up with these people? Doesn't anyone respect the right of privacy without suspicion?

My friends at the show couldn't believe it and busted my nuts for buying it making me even more paranoid than I already am. At least I felt some comfort in knowing that others share the same principles.

Bottom line ... all it takes is one pound from that entire lot to be used for some despicable deed by some idiot and everyone that bought a pound gets a visit from the guys in black ski masks in the dead of nite. Basically, my right to be left alone and have some PEACE is now in the hands of people that I don't know .... that is, everyone else that has that stuff with the same number on the bottom of the can.

Of all things .... now it's black powder? That stuff was pretty good at blowing up wooden stuff 200 years ago but it would take thousands of pounds to put a dent in concrete and steel today. Good grief ... what about us average Joes that just wanna bounce a musket ball down to the opposite end of the yard?