Thread: survey
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Copper

Default Re: survey

Name: Lex Roooker

Hometown: Norwalk, CA (suburb of Los Angeles)

Pets: None at the moment but usually have at least one dog or cat that has adopted us.

Family members: Wife Anastasia, son Andy(age 42), daughter Irene (age 37)

Fave music or bands: Like just about anything that has a melody you can hum which leaves out heavy metal etc.

Favorite movies of all time: Like the classics from the 40's and 50's. Not a big fan of terror or stuff like Stephen King.

Book that changed your life: How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success Through Selling, by Frank Bettger. Wonderful book on incorporating the Dale Carnegie principals in daily life.

Fave color: Earth tones; browns, mossy greens, burnt orange etc.

Occupation: Retired. Spent over 40 years in the electronics and telecommunicatioins industry. Started installing and repairing two-way commercial radios when I was 12 and spent 34 years working as a telecommunications technician and supervisor for Southern California Edison Company.

Dream job: I had one of those. Don't want another one.

Greatest childhood memory: Playing with friends as a kid during summer vacation.

Worst day of your life: Can't remember anything really bad.

Do you play any musical instruments: I play at the piano (one finger for melody and two for harmony).

Interests or hobbies: Clocks, machining, photography, electronics.

Fave author ever: Like international intrigue ala Robert Ludlum

Best place to vacation: Haven't taken a vacation in over 30 years.

Quote to live by: "There is only one way to get anyone to do anything and that is to find out a way to make them want to do it. When you show a man what he wants he will move heaven and earth to get it" Frank Bettger.

How long have you been engraving: Haven't started yet but have a beginners class scheduled in February.

What type of Engraving do you do: Want to engrave brass clock dials.