Thread: survey
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Steel

Default Re: survey

Hi All,

Just found the forum. Should have known it would be great. I figured this is probably the best way to introduce myself to you guys. Steve, I'm still saving my nickels and dimes and cutting the best I can with the tools I've got. It's tough to get rich with inferior equipment.

Name: David Phelps

Nicknames: Dave; Papa; Hey You! Stupid Number One

Hometown: Born in Chicago, right now Durham, NC (yes, I am out-voted here)

Pets: Shop Rabbits - Springer Softail and Nitro (both recently gone, but never forgotten), and the little lady's Shop Pomeranian, Teuce, the official store greeter. (She used to be Head of Security, but she couldn't handle the pressure -- a pet psychologist told us so -- no kidding!)

Family members: Brother Bill - Motorola chief engineer, in Atlanta; Brother John - jewelry store owner in Naples, FL; Sister Joy - psychologist and family over-achiever in Allen, TX; Dad - mentor and craftsman extraordinaire - in Fairfield, TX; Son and best apprentice, John, right here

Significant other: Wife, best buddy and iron-butt babe, Gaybeth

Fave music or bands: J.S. Bach, Itzhak Perlman, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Virgil Fox, Lynard Skynard, Lindsey Buckingham, Charlie Daniels, Alan Sherman, Spike Jones

Favorite movies of all time: Twelve O'Clock High, From Here To Eternity, To Have and Have Not, anything by Mel Brooks, Alfred Hitchcock or Peter Sellers

Books that changed your life: The New Testament, Aerodynamics of Rotary Wing Flight

Greatest childhood memories: Building, flying and crashing model airplanes with my Dad, watching my Dad engrave

Worst day of your life: March 18, 2007, the day my Mom died

Fave color: Red White and Blue

Military service: US Army Aviator, AH-1 pilot, D Troop 1/9 Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division (Death Waits at a Hover)

Dream job: Bush pilot / fishing guide in-season, gunsmith / firearm engraver off-season (Alaska's too far away for Mama, and I'd rather be doing this with her, than that without her)

Do you play any musical instruments: A little guitar, the jeweler's saw frame, and I play a mean stereo

Interests or hobbies: If it flies, floats or rolls, burns petroleum products, alcohol or high explosives, makes noise, smoke, G-forces and/or recoil it's cool. The scarier, the better. Especially Harley Davidsons, Mustangs (Ford and North American P-51) and handguns. Also, anything radio controlled that does or simulates the same things.

Fave authors ever: the Apostle Paul, J.R.R. Tolkein, James B. Meek

Best class you ever took (and why): US Army Warrant Officer Rotary Wing Aviator Course (WORWAC Class 80-23) Because I learned more about self-discipline, professionalism, attention to detail and team-work in one year than I could have anywhere else in a lifetime, plus flying military aircraft is a kick in the pants

Best place to vacation: Wherever the fishing is good

Quote to live by: Live Free or Die

Last edited by Dave P; 07-19-2007 at 08:57 PM.