Thread: survey
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 03:42 PM
Platinum

Default Re: survey

Name: Tom McArdle
Nicknames: The professor (in basic training, anyway!)

Hometown: Egg harbor twonship, NJ (grew up there) Winston-salem NC (first 4 kids born there) Farmington NY (lived here since 1/05)
Pets: 1ea dog, cat

Family members: Wife Cathy, children Josiah, Micah, Abigail, Nathanael, and Timothy is 1 today!

Significant other: My wife is my best friend, since High School

Fave music or bands: Bach, Classical guitar, RUSH, ELO, Genesis, Metheney, Dire Straits.
Favorite piece of music all time= Bach's Chaconne in D, as played on guitar by julian Bream. Second, Albeniz's Mallorca by Bream also.

Favorite movies of all time: Charoits of Fire, Lawrence of Arabia, Glory, Seven Samurai, LOTR

Book that changed your life: Bible

Greatest childhood memory: Meeting my future wife!

Worst day of your life: Whenever I felt I had lost touch with the Lord.
Fave color: Blue, Grey my favorite "shade"

Military service: US Army Infantry, also M61 gun mechanic USAFNG on the F16
Dream job: Building, engraving, and carving high art flintlocks and especially wheellock firearms

Do you play any musical instruments: Drums, learning classical guitar with my 11 year old son (oldest) Teaching the next one the snare drum.

Interests or hobbies: Collecting swiss rifles(military at this point) reading theology, various forms of swordplay,
Fave author ever: The holy Spirit. After him, Bunyan, Sibbes, Owen, and Tolkien
Best class you ever took (and why): 8th grade history. teacher let me out of class every day to study in the library, and give a report to the class once a week.

Best place to vacation: Mountains of Colorado

Quote to live by:"Lord to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." John 6:68

"Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands" Isaiah 49:16