Thread: survey
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Gold

Default Re: survey

Name: How soon can you get this done ?(that seems to be my name at work)
Nicknames: didn't you say you could get this done by twelve? The customer is already back.
Hometown: Philadelphia by way of Belfast
Pets: do apprentices count?
Family members: orphan by choice (not mine....theirs)
Significant other: a wife for a little while longer
Fave music or bands: neil young, the gaither homecoming krew, anything on xm radio which I have on twelve hours a day, leonard cohen, preservation hall jazz band, and anything classical. Basically I'll listen to anything
Favorite movies of all time: Steve Lindsay latest hit... thirty minute video an exciting tale of life on the patented edge , althought the music is a little weak.
Book that changed your life: The one that the Philadelphia Department of Revenue threw at me for various offences. Tax, plus late penalty fee plus 19% interest on the total amount compounded annually until the tax is paid.
In second place is JM Bergling Art Letters and Monograms. Its to jewelry types what Meeks Art of Engraving is to firearms engravers.
Greatest childhood memory: The day I threw a dart fifty yards on a dare and it went off target and hit my father's leg instead. Life is sweet.
Worst day of your life: The day I engraved a large copper plaque for Independence Hall and realized the night before it was due that I spelled Independence wrong. I remember working on it for about twelve hours with a scotch stone and polishing compounds and sometime around four am I went out into the street and started howling at the moon. That's why I keep bugging Steve for a spell checker to be an airgraver accessory. Steve, I'm not joking...I want that spell checker!!!!!
Fave color: 14karat annealed yellow gold. Finest color on the face of the earth.
Military service: Too long ago
Fave author ever: Julian Jaynes
Best class you ever took (and why): The one I took with the master I apprenticed with. It lasted eight years during which I learned to gamble, swear in Italian, run numbers, engrave, fix mistakes, and most importantly to be generous with time and technique to anyone who asked for either.
Best place to vacation: Nashville, Tennesse. If you don't have a good time in Nashville you don't know how to have a good time.
Quote to live by: Like people for who they are instead of not liking them for what they're not.