View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Copper

Default Re: Hello from Georgia

I work primarily on silver and jewelry. Lettering is my thing. I have not kept a portfolio of my work, but I plan to do so. I'll try to post some pictures of some monograms. I enjoy engraving presentation trays and have done several for Coca-Cola, Bellsouth and Delta over the years. I have transfers of signatures of Coca-Cola executives that my grandfather engraved. When I was working with my uncle in the early 90's, we engraved some flatware (can't remember how much, maybe 1000 pieces) for the Biltmore House.
I have a Gravermax, but I never use it. I use my grandfather's and uncle's tools, just plain old wooden graver handles. My square gravers are the ones that my uncle used, and are starting to get a little short. Does anyone know of a source for 1/8th inch square HSS blanks? My uncle told me he got his from Blue Ridge Tool, and they were file blanks. I have been unable to find this company.
I look forward to getting to know you folks while learning from you and sharing my limited knowledge with you.