Thread: Arm From Durban
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Steel

Default Arm From Durban

Hi Everyone
My name is abdur-Rasheed Mahomedy, married with 4 children and 8 Grandchildren. We live in PARLOCK, a suburb of DURBAN, KZN, SOUTH AFRICA.I am an Accounts Executive, full time. In the old days they called us BOOKKEEPERS. Have been making Knives part-time, Stock removal method, for the past 16 Years and am a voting member of THE KNIFEMAKERS GUILD OF SOUTH AFRICA.www.kgsa.co.za
My eldest son HARM is also a Knifemaker and he is the only full-time maker in Durban. Our shop/studio is operated from Home and we have indeed been Blessed with good, functional equipment currently available. We have our own web site, designed by my other son who is into IT and Graphic design, where we regularly sell Knives from. We are aware that quite a few of U kind Folks are also avid and proficient Knifemakers. U are most welcome to view our humble efforts on www.arm-koknives@mweb.co.za.
Over the past numerous years we have truely admired the excellent and brilliantly artistic work of numerous talented Members who so willingly contribute on this FORUM. Without singling out any particular member, we can assuredly say U are indeed a very dedicated group and we hope that in time, U will be happy to say that we have atleast learnt some thing from yourselves, if not just by association.
It was on the suggestion of our compatriot and friend, JACQUES HERBST, that we made this big move to join Your elite group. We are also aware that another co-Guild member, CHRIS BOOYSEN, is also a regular contributor. He will be surprised at our entrance, having not had time to discuss this with him.
We must kindly request that U bear with our ignorance in matters Engraving.
However, we give U our solemn undertaking that we will make every effort to dedicate ourselves sincerely to progress and improve our work.
PEACE be upon U all.
ARM