View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Platinum

Default Re: thought this story interesting

I think welfare is a catch all argument from the right that blames all the countries woes on the poor. Our countries money problems are the result of our social security money having been borrowed against to spend on military expenditures over the last fifty years fighting wars that were not truly in our national interest but in the interest of the military industrial complex, the real villain of our time. Dwight Eisenhower warned against this in the 50's and he couldn't have been more right on. Hegemony comes at price and were paying it now. That is where the blame belongs. Feeding the poor is a drop in the bucket and it only takes a real study of our budget to see it. As far as I can tell most of the social benefits go to poor families with children. Albeit the parents may be slackers all children deserve a chance to be fed and provided for medically. I'd like to know who of you here are really ready to look a hungry little kid in the eye and say, "Tough luck kid, you were born poor and can starve for the shortcomings of your parents."?