Thread: To cut Cleanly?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 02:28 PM
Gold

Default Re: To cut Cleanly?

Man that is cool, you guys are great.... I dont think I could look myself in the mirror if I had ya go to the trouble of mailing me gravers, But I sure do appreciate the thought. I havent ruined the temper on this one as I have only cut it with a power hone..... If I had I could tell by color change and am quite capable of rehardening and so forth if it were necessary.... so long as the carbon hadent been burned out of course... I think it must be my lack of experience (may be digging in or popping out of a cut too quickly).... I have used lindsays carbalt, other's carbide's and HSS, I have some CPM S60 V that I use for blade steel... and sure have thought of experimenting with cutting strips of that for gravers, but have yet to do it.

Thanks again, Once an old fella told me that his brother was the most socially minded individual he had ever met, meaning that his brother looked out for everybody. That to me was about the greatest thing I could imagine one person saying about another, the conversation changed my life, and I have since lived my life to mimic that behavior. Here it seems, I am among kindred spirits.....Jim