View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 04:23 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Lettering Engraving-Shaded line, need help.

Hello Steve,
Thanks for your advise. I try another outlined Old-English with a 120 v, 15 degree, 0.3mm heel. the letter is small, 4.6mm height. I found there are lot of heel drag especially those on the "cloud-shape" at middle of every stem of the letters. I cannot use smaller heel as I cannot control the deep of cut. Such drag is not easy to see by naked eyes, is it acceptable or I have to do something to improve it?

Some engraving books talkabout using 2 flat graver for Old-English, is such information is still update? (all those grinding method from these books are out date?!) Or now most engravers using only square graver? What other people use when engraving the Old-English?

I found when using the graver that comes with your engraver, I need to raise my hand a bit more than most of my 15 degree heel gravers, what is the heel angle of it?
Your mentioned that your graver is 116.68 degree point, I would like to know if there is any big different between it with a 120 degree point, there is just 3.32 degree in different?

Zernike

Last edited by Zernike Au; 08-04-2007 at 04:26 AM.