View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 08:51 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Lettering Engraving-Shaded line, need help.

Hi all,
Last saturday I spend more than 7 hours in trying engrave a plate of German Text. There are a lot of "S" strokes which is good for practice. I spend more than 4 hours in trying the laser print transfer methods. I still don't have satisfy result, I will try with another varnish and nail polisher remover. If I still fail, I will post for help.
For this practise, I use 120 v with 15degree heel for both the wide cut and hairline. I use a 5 x 6 cm brass plate, 1mm in thickness.

I still cannot get the cut "wide" enough, once roll the graver more, the "width" of the stroke become too wide suddenly, I think must be doing something wrong with the movement of my hand.

Let me know your suggestions and comments.

I have one more question, after you finish the engraving, how you treat the plate, from one of the Steve's video, it seems he use a cloth to wipe and clean the plate (Flute). I found there are some bur here and there. Is it becasue the cut is not clear or it is normal? How you handle it? I use sanding paper but it will lighten some hariline! Your help will be appreciated.

***Oh! I didn't realise that all the post this peroid is for the Artisan competition, I already have the Palm control and very happy with it. I am not intend to join the contest so please come back later after the contest and send me some feedback as I really need some helps. Thanks***

Zernike

Last edited by Zernike Au; 07-30-2007 at 05:16 PM.