View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default Re: New Sharpening Templates 105, 110, 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlseymour View Post
Steve, was the first 3 templates 96, 115, 120 as was the Hamler tool???
Jerry
Hi Jerry, Paul's templates labled Detailing, Universal and Calligraphy are the same angles as my templates labled with the same names. Both sets angles (without rounding off the numbers) are:
Detailing 96.30, Universal 116.68, Calligraphy 123.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack View Post
Jerry: I just looked at mine and yes they are 90, 115 and120. Steve about the flat. I could get the flat and make my 37 and 15 heel for bright cutting, right. All you do is change the adjust tube. Jack
Hi Jack, I wonder if Paul made some custom templates for you. If they are labeled with those angles written right on them, then they must be custom templates because the angles on the Detailing, Universal and Calligraphy templates didn't have the angles written on them. I know Paul made special templates on request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomentalgiant View Post
while we're on this subject, what is the angle of the universal point?
Hi James, It is 116.68

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalartz View Post
Hi Steve
could you make a flat template with a subtle rounded heel for bright cutting?
Do you mean by rounding.. ie.. raising and lowering the heel angle while placing the heel on to round it? If so, that would be tough to build into a template but you could roll your stone slightly toward you and away while placing the heel on using the flat/knife combo template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVD View Post
Steve

I assume these are all the 'normal' height? Need to make another roll case so I need to know if these are about the height of most of the templates or tall like the original 70 degree bulino or Roland's inlay template.

This time I'll draw up a pattern (terribly complex, being a rectangle with some smaller ones added on) and send you a copy for later use.
Hi SVD, Yes, these are "normal height". Okay, great if you can send a case pattern. Thank you!

Steve
EngravingArtist.com