Thread: Mike Dubber
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Platinum

Default Mike Dubber

Hello to all! I'm a bit late at joining the Forum scene....I've been engraving since 1968, but I'm somewhat computer shy. After teaching high school fine arts for ten years, I spent most of my working life in the jewlery business. I still put some hours in the store, but I'm more apt to be found at my home studio doing firearms engraving. I am a founding member of FEGA and have served as a FEGA officer in numerous capacities, including President for four years. I am rated as a FEGA Certified Professional and as a Colt Master Engraver.

I enjoy teaching the engraving arts and did so for Glendo for about eight years. Now I enjoy teaching students one-on-one in my private studio.

No air-power assisted equipment existed when I started, so hammers and chisles were the order of the day. I still enjoy hammer and chisel and push graver work and I believe all engravers should know and appreciate the basics of hand work. Likewise, I am now completely comfortable working with GRS and Lindsay equipment. After years and years of experimentation, I find the Lindsay Palm Graver to be absolutely the best and most natural piece of hand engraving equipment available today. I recently bought a new Lindsay Classic for my primary bench and I'm liking that a lot! Just to show you how we'er never to old to learn, I was introduced to the new Lindsay Classic by Tim Wells, who brought his to use while studying at my studio - thanks Tim!

Now I entertain myself at my various work stations transitioning seamlessly from one piece of equipment and from one technique to another - keeps an old man wise and happy!

Last edited by MikeDubber; 09-18-2007 at 05:38 PM.