Thread: Hey
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Steel

Default Hey

many years ago i was working a gun show in texas - i was a custom knife maker - at least that what i called myself - some guy was set up next to me sharing a table with a friend - he had a couple of engraved guns & a couple of engraved knives on the table - think his name was Ron French - anyway Ron had took a little time off from engraving i suggested he might get back into it - we hit it off pretty good & ended up having a mutial friend named Charlie Jones - another dem Texan - anyway - Ron suggested i get involved in engraving & after 10,000 questions i did just that - That was a long time ago - i built & engraved guns & knives up until about 4 years ago - i was burt out - years of 7 days a week 12 hours a day takes it's toll.

All of a sudden i have the passion to engrave again -t i'm old & cranky but i can still do some nice work when i want to - i'm not going to engrave guns any longer - maybe some rings and floor plates but tthats about it - i'll engrave knives & i'm a Airgun freak - Hi-end stuff, so i'll do some work for my airgun friends.

Mr. French - if you see this - it's been a long time - to long - drop me a note sometime- tommy