View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Great way to start the summer

Sounds like you have quite a quiver there Ray. I didn't go with the bells and whistles as my compound bows have adjustable pin sights and are basically hunting types. The fancy target bows have LOTS of bells and whistles such as telescopic sights, stabilizer bars, etc. I originally thought I would do some bowhunting but then realized I like shooting better than hunting and preferred to spend my limited vacation time skiing as opposed to hunting.

Not far from where I live, the Hall family had an indoor archery range where I did a fair amount of shooting some years back. I started with dept store fiberglass bows in my youth then graduated to some pretty nice wood recurved bows. The first time I used a compound bow, I was able to shoot better than my best ever with a recurved bow! That got me hooked on the compound. At the time I bought my first, the Jennings was tops. The letoff was 40 percent. On the newer compounds, the letoff is 80 percent. The trajectory of the arrow is radically different too. From what i've seen on this web site it seems like Steve L has an interest in archery too.

I'm not familiar with Asian horse bows. I'll have to do some searching in the net.

Peter