Thread: Sass
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDavid View Post
I don't think I can afford this but I guess it's like buying your first Harley, you will never be able to afford one so just bite the bullet and get one and the expensis take care of themselves.

Doc your gun cart is really nice, looks like you've been doing this a long time

I noticed somewhere something callde Outlaw shooting, is this also part of this Society?
You can't look at the big picture when it comes to spending the $$$. Just chip away at it as you go. I started out with an Interarms Virginian Dragoon .44 Magnum (loaded down to .44 Special), a New Model Ruger Blackhawk in the same caliber, a Marlin 1894 carbine in .44 Magnum and I borrowed a shotgun. It was stuff I had and it got me started. But, as time went on I had to have the matched pair of Colt SAA's, a USFA SAA for backup, an American Derringer, a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited, a Browning 1885 High Wall BPCR in .45-70, a Shiloh 1874 Sharps in .45-90, custom leather by both San Pedro Saddlery and Purdy Gear, custom made clothing including a full length fringed leather coat made of elk hide, the custom boots, the Quigley hat I had Rich Rand of Rand's Custom Hats make me... the list is endless.

I don't think anyone can afford it if you look at the other end of the game. Get into it and ease on into the rest of it as time goes on. (And, don't ask your wife! )

I've had a lot of compliments on that cart. Even though I built it all by myself it still ended up costing me $600. Those hand made Amish wheels with the bearings ran it up some. I even used rusty hardware to make it look old. Some people have even asked me if it's an old authentic gun cart (probably never was such a thing).

The Outlaw Shooting is an offshoot of it's own much like Cowboy Fast Draw. You can check them out here: http://www.outlawshooters.com/

The newest shooting game that looks like a lot of fun are the Zoot Shooters. They dress up like gangsters and shoot 1911's and Tommy Guns! http://www.zootshooters.com/

There's no end to this dress up and shoot stuff. So, you may as well get started at it.