Thread: Hello to all
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Steel

Default Hello to all

Hello
My name is Gary Rohrbaugh and live in Elkton, Md. I'm a machinist by trade and now I do CNC programing. Also I do photography mostly wildlife and nature. First I would like to thank Steve in helping me choose the Classic Engraver. Also would like to say that this is a great forum with a wealth of information. There are so many talented engravers on this site that seem to help new people like me who is taking up this fine art. I was in a muzzleloading club years ago and have built 2 Vincent style longrifles but never done any engraving on them. I had made some tools from high speed tool blanks and done some H&C work. Nothing to write home about but did get my feet wet so to speak. What got my interest back into this is that everyear I go to W.Va. at Thanksgiving to see family and deer hunt. The week before my cousin had called me asking to bring my tools and give a demo. After showing him how I do it and after looking over a few books he took me over to a local gun maker. Found out after talking to him that he took lessons from a well-known gun maker called Keith Casteel. I got to see some of Keith's patch box engravings up close and the bug hit me. So thats what brings me here today. Just before Christmas I ordered my Classic with a foot pedal. My first cut with the unit was WOW! I have reviewed and used Steve's tutorial videos. There so easy to understand and use. Anyway thanks so much for letting join in your forum and I know I'll learn a lot from here.