View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Steel

Default Interested in learning the art of engraving

My name is Alexander from New York City, Middle aged man, with wife and kids. I have owned and operated a comic book specialty store since 1999 specializing in high end pop culture collectibles. Been trading and selling comics since the 70’s. I have retired and closed my store just about 2 years ago, and still sell online at my leisure. I will start out by saying Hello to all the members, and incredible artist on this forum. Everyone of you have inspired me to move forward with my practice in the art of engraving. I am new to engraving and am working towards putting together a professional Lindsay air graver system. I am currently working with wood carving by hand and doing some leather work (burning) for practice. My desire is to learn the art of engraving firearms and metal, with that being said, one never knows where one will end up. I Have a passion for Vintage firearms, and trucks. I do realize the reality and the huge amount of time learning and practicing that need be put into such a craft. I must admit, the work I have seen from artist on this forum, are both amazing and inspiring! Respects to all of you, I am humbly bowing before all of your works and skills. I have been researching the tools of the trade and will need as much help as possible with selecting the proper tools/system for my needs? any and all information would be highly appreciated. Sincerely, Alexander, AKA, BlackSkunk