View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Steel

Default new here! all the way from Ireland

Greetings! I stumbled across this site a week or so ago and am totally blown away by the talent on show here. I will be asking a lot of questions and you'll be sick of me soon enough. A little about me, I did manual pantograph engraving in the trophy/award jewellery section many moons ago. This is the limit of my hand engraving know how as I used to cut patterns/logos in vinyl with gravers and transfer them by pantograph onto awards, plaques etc. I progressed to computerized engraving, signage etc. Have been out of that line of work for about 5 years and low and behold I'm back into it again with a metal (die stamping) manufacturing company. My interest in hand engraving has been re-ignited by this fine site and I have promised myself that I will attempt to reach the high standards on show here. There is little if nothing in this country is the way of hand engraving courses, the closest is the UK. I am now going to browse this site and see if I can't find myself the necessary equipment to commence my journey. I know I have the talent, the tools I can get. the knowledge and know how I lack, but I'm sure will come with practice and time. ...........begin your journey grasshopper!!