Thread: Wriggling?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Copper

Send a message via AIM to DrumEngraver Send a message via Skype™ to DrumEngraver
Default Wriggling?

Hey Folks,
I'm new here, but have been engraving in the music industry for 20 years. I reproduce a specific style of engraving (wriggling) and patterns that were popular at the turn of the century (not the most recent one) on Drums (musical instruments). Most of my designs are scrolls or floral patterns. I'm very interested in meeting and talking with any other engravers who primarily wriggle. You can see a lot of my past work just by googling: "John Aldridge, drum engraving" or you can check out my facebook photo gallery. I'm also a bit of a historian and wrote a book, Guide to Vintage Drums, so you can guess where my motivation came from to be a drum engraver.
Although I've never met another engraver who used wriggling as their prime method, I've made a pretty good living as a commercial engraver for the top companies in the drum world since I reminded them that hand engraving was an option. Anyway, I'd like to have the chance to chat with others who do this stuff, if any of you still wriggle. From all the gravermeister and h&C posts, I'm beginning to wonder.
John Aldridge
Vintage Drum Co.